Okay, finally getting a chance to post about our last Craft Night, even as we have May's Craft Night happening soon! We don't quite have a picture for EVERY step and all these were taken at night, so please forgive the quality!
1. First you'll need about 80 inches of ruffled crepe paper. We just fed the streamers through the sewing machine, ruffling manually.
2. We made the cake stands by using Gorilla Glue to attach a glass candlestick to a plate. We Modge-podged paper onto the plate, but didn't include a picture of that.
3. Next, use hot glue to attach crepe paper around the outside of the plate. It will cover any uneven cutting of the paper :)
4. For the blocks we used a 4x4x8 piece of wood, and then cut it into an 8" long rectangle, 6" rectangle and a 3.5" square for the top and painted them white.
5. For the middle block, we covered it in two lines of ruffled streamers. Use hot glue to make a line, then press the sewn middle of the streamer into the line of glue. Wrap around all four sides. Then repeat for a second layer of ruffles.
6. The square and 8" rectangle were covered in paper. For the square you'll need 6 different patterns, cut into 3.25" x 3.25" squares. For the rectangle you'll only need two long pieces, 7.75"x 3.25", and two squares, 3.25" x 3.25" The bottom of the block won't ever show and the top of the block is mostly covered by the ruffled rectangle above it.
7. Mod-podge the paper on.
Here's a picture of the blocks finished through these steps so far:
Here's a picture of the Craft Night kits set up and ready to go. (Which, by the way, we will be putting onto our etsy shop in addition to the finished sets.)
10. We added vinyl to the bottom and top pieces of wood. We cut "days until my" in Simply Sweet at 1" and "Birthday!" in 1.5". Then we cut numbers 0-5 in 3 inches
This set was made by Glitta's sister, isn't it cute??
And here's some pix of some of the crafters. All the sets turned out so cute and we had so much fun! Thanks ladies for indulging our snobbery!
http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/, http://makingtheworldcuter.blogspot.com/, http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/, http://www.skiptomylou.org/, http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/, http://marvelouslymessy.blogspot.com/
http://todayscreativeblog.net/, http://ladybug-blessings.com/, http://tipjunkie.com/, http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/, http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/
http://eisymorgan.blogspot.com/, http://www.paisleypassions.blogspot.com/, http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/, http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/, http://www.mybackyardeden.com/, http://reasonstoskipthehousework.blogspot.com/
http://www.momnivores-dilemma.com/, http://www.houseofhepworths.com/, http://nightowlcrafting.blogspot.com/
http://www.whipperberry.com/, http://www.kojodesigns.blogspot.com/, http://www.thegirlcreative.com/,http://tidymom.net/, http://sassysites.blogspot.com/, http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/, http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/, http://www.findingfabulousblog.com/