3.30.2011

Spring Apothecary Jars

A few weeks ago Courtney at A Diamond in the Stuff had a tutorial for homemade apothecary jars...

recognize the middle?

Now?


Yep, those are Mason Jars!  We LOVED the idea so we had to make an Easter version!  First I bought a couple of candlesticks from the thrift store (Lucky Glitta already had a bunch!) and then wood finials from Lowes.  I spray painted them all the same cream, then sanded and antiqued them.  And they couldn't really qualify for Easter if they didn't have eggs inside, right?  So I added some of my bookpage eggs, and made some robin eggs.  I bought a pack of mini styrofoam eggs for a buck at Target and painted them with Valspar spray paint in Mediterranean and then flecked them with a few spritzes of antiquing solution:
Original colors

 skewered them on bamboo skewers and put in a planting blocks, as if they were cake pops


Spray painted and flecked, but one did not fare so well...



Little Robin eggs for a dollar!
We were featured on:


We are linking up here:

HookingupwithHoH









Photobucket



Sumo Sweet Stuff





Photobucket





Tip Junkie handmade projects



NightOwlCrafting

Today's Creative Blog
Photobucket

18 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

LOVE this!!!!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Very Cute! I LOVE the jar idea!

Unknown said...

Awesome job and thanks so much for linking back to me!!!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog. I am now following your blog! Love the blue! So pretty!

Also adore the bunny banners! Very creative!

Kerri

Karen said...

So cute! I love how the eggs turned out and the mason jar idea is great!
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

reaganGRACE said...

Just found your link up on Kojodesigns....super cute idea!

PaperVine said...

LOVE this - I would never have guessed they were mason jars!
The eggs are gorgeous too - thanks for sharing :-)

The Creative Chickadee said...

What? Target? I must go to there. I bought mine at Michaels for more. :( Love the post. Found you on weekend wrap up.

Kelly

Unknown said...

These are amazing! I just found you on the weekend craft roundup! Love the name and premisis of your blog!

Erin
www.erintagledesign.com

Monica said...

I LOVE THESE!!!! Just beautiful!!

Jayna Rae said...

I love the jars!!! Totally cute blog title too.

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Those are adorable! I love them!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Cassie said...

Fan-freaking-tastic!! I want to try this right now!!! =)

Jen said...

I love that you used mason jars for this! What a great idea! I am going to have to make some. I would love for you to come and share at my Fantastic Friday link party. http://ironvioletdesigns.blogspot.com

thanks

Brandy J. said...

I've seen several versions of these and I think yours is my favorite! I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Thanks for creating such a fab blog full of inspiration.

Laura @ Our House Of Joyful Noise said...

That is such a great idea!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

That's clever use of mason jars and candlesticks...great tip on spray painting the eggs.

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice!

Janene said...

VERY creative! I love it! I have 3 jars like these that I made for spring ... But now that Easter is over I was wanting to get some ideas for summer! That would make a great post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...