3.27.2011

Easter Cake Stand...could that really be made from the dollar store?

The idea came from Jen at Tater Tots and Jello and the tutorial is in her post here. Now we used a glass plate and a glass candle stick and then added a little crepe paper ruffle (because Dot and I just can't seem to get enough of crepe paper these days...would it be weird to dress our kids in it? or is that a little junk in the trunk?)
And what is it about Easter time that makes carrots so endearing? If only I could convince my children....
Did I mention that we have a small love affair with crepe paper right now. I mean who knew that twisting that cheap crinkly paper from birthdays past could amount to a little gem of a flower or a ruffle of color there? I mean seriously people go get some crepe paper if you haven't used it lately!! So once again, our thanks to the Tater Tots genius who thought of turning a lowly dollar store tray and candle stick into a snobbish little tray you really can make for any Holiday!!



We are linking up here:

Tip Junkie handmade projects








HookingupwithHoH
Making




Photobucket
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Photobucket








NightOwlCrafting


Photobucket

7 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Adorable! i love the bunnies and the ruffle and the flower. So cute!!

xoxo
Jen

Landeelu said...

Love this snobbery!! You RUFFLED crepe paper? Adorable.

Ladybird Ln said...

So cute, I would have never thought to ruffle crepe paper! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your blog is darling!

Carlee,
ladybirdln.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So darling and sweet. Love it, and so glad you linked this cuteness up. WINKS-JEN

Erica said...

Okay so that is adorable!! I love it.

http://the-polka-dot-umbrella.blogspot.com/

Staci J said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!! That cake stand is awesome!! Sooo cute!

By the Bluegrass said...

This is just precious! I'd leave that out year round. It would look so cute in a child's room or a craft room.
xo,
Sena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...