3.28.2011

Bookpage eggs

Photobucket



So last year I saw THIS TUTORIAL on Tatertots and Jello by a guest author, Erin.  It looked like it was  no big deal and I thought, next year, next year...  And so next year rolled around and it turns out that now I'm doing a Holiday-themed blog, so I figured I was morally obligated to make 'em!  

I brought along my supplies to a local indoor play area and figured I'd whip some up while my kiddos ran/slid/bounced out their energy.   It was a MESS!  Modpodge sliding off, pages tearing, bumps, lumps, and crinkles.  And the kids kept throwing bouncy balls at me while I worked or whining that they didn't want to play 10 minutes after we'd paid $10 to be there.  So I did what any self-respecting crafty mama would do, threw up my hands, threw my supplies around, stomped around in frustration, took the kids home and abandoned the project.  

That night, the kids were in bed, Haagen-Daz pint was out and I googled the tutorial I vaguely remembered.  Made a difference.  During the length of one sappy chick-flick I covered all my plastic eggs, two styrofoam balls, and a bag of Christmas ornament balls.  So, let me tell you:  Look at the tutorial first (maybe mention on a comment that we sent you over to their blogs??), do the craft while there's not a chance you'll likely be disturbed (other than by a husband who is wondering how he got sucked into watching "Practical Magic"), and heck, add some ice cream into the mix!

And there's still a few days to vote for us over at Babble! It only takes a second (just one click and no signing up!) to vote.  You can click HERE to cast your vote! 

Linking here:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
I am linking up here:







Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great! I love anything with book pages!

Unknown said...

Love these eggs-super cute-I'm your newest follower-stop over for a visit-Claire

Amanda said...

These are wonderful, they look great!

DIYbyDesign said...

The eggs look great. They are super cute. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

Ruth said...

I tried this too without a tutorial and it was a mess. Maybe I should go check it out.

Ruth

Unknown said...

This looks so good. I am going to have to make some.

Erin A said...

These look awesome!!! I love them in the bird cage, too cool. I also like your photo editing, they look even cooler! :)

You should post a pic on our Flickr page and show them off!!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1478253@N20/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...