Lucky Green Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 Box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt or sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 5-8 drops Green decorating paste (food coloring will work, just won’t be as bright green I used quite a bit of the regular food coloring to get that nice green color)
- cream cheese frosting (see recipe below)
2. Scoop batter into paper lined cupcake tins. (I used my Demarle muffin tray so no need for liners, but I did place the cupcakes in liners after baking for the picture) Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool completely.
3. Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and add sprinkles if desired.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 C butter (1/2 stick) at room temperature
- 4 C sifted powdered sugar (You can decrease this amount if you don’t care about it being as stiff for piping)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cool whip
Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Mix in vanilla. Mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Mx in cool whip. To get the green and white effect, split the frosting into 2 bowls and tint one with green food coloring. Use a gallon size ziploc and carefully put the white in one side and the green in the other. Cut the end and pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle with green sugar.o THIS LINK.