4.19.2011

What to put in your Easter baskets?

Disclaimer: Glitta has older kids than Dot and so she has ALL KINDS of ideas* of what to put in her kiddos baskets.  Dot does not.  And so this post is for the Dot's of this world...


First off, I might need to make a new basket all together, and the Texas Tiger Blog did a cute one:




Kiki Creates has a downloadable pattern to make this adorable little purse:
Amber from This and That made these adorable tags for her kid's baskets, I think mine would LOVE them and then destroy them...
image courtesy of kiki creates


Glitta's SIL picked up a Vera Bradley Hannah bag for her daughter which is  gorgeous and you should be able to find for about twenty bucks.




*update from Glitta and Elles Belles and Bows (thanks guys!) Vera Bradley has this special edition Princess bag for $24 (only available in stores until the 24th) that would be perfect for a toddler or your little girl's scriptures for Church.
Or like Funny Magic, you could make an Amy Butler purse, which I would do if I had actual sewing skills:



I love the Jack Rabbit Softie that The Polka Dot Umbrella made, plus she's sharing her pattern for free!  If I actually get one made, I'll let ya know!  I'm kinda thinking a girl and boy matching set!



Sarahndipities has a very simple idea for a homemade bunny that is pretty adorable too!  (Psst, it's made from a glove!  A GLOVE, from the dollar store!)



Instead of cavities waiting to happen, how about a few fabric eggs?  Kim at Retro Mama has a great tutorial!

I also love the idea of these egg sound sets for my toddler, idea from Elles Belles Bows:




*Sunglasses, markers, mechanical pencils, rocket balloons, fabric purses, pens, erasers, swimsuits, undies, bubble bath, toy cars, purses, stickers, balls, play-doh, hairbows or headbands, socks, jewelry, lip gloss, coupons, small animals, money, action figures or little dolls, seeds you can grow, books, puzzles, legos, jump rope, card games


Hope this helps!




Dot and Glitta






Linking here:

Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Brilliant ideas!!

kiki comin said...

Thank you so much for featuring me. Seriously so sweet of you.:)

Katie said...

Thank you for featuring me!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Thanks for featuring me too! Love all the ideas. The Vera Bradley Princess bag is a good one too (especially for a toddler).

Kerri

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Really cute ideas!

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

We didn't have much candy in our baskets b/c of food allergies...

I love your ideas!

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...