4.20.2011

Ruffled Egg Easter Party Dress


Amy at Positively Splendid made this beyond cute little Easter Egg tee:

With a fantastic tutorial!  Honestly, I would never have attempted to make this without having seen her step by step.  You really should check it out!  But mine is a little different, so we made a tutorial too!

1. Using that little doodle-pro egg, I traced an egg shape onto a piece of gray felt; then traced a piece of that pink striped fabric, just in case the ruffles didn't cover everything!  I sewed the two pieces of fabric together first.



2.  I went through my piles of ribbon and embellishments and just grabbed anything that seemed to work with an "Easter" theme.


3.  I ruffled a few strips of ribbon.  This is different from Amy's project because she used fabric she needed to semi-serge the edges.  I figured if I used ribbon I wouldn't have to worry about fraying, plus I have much more of a selection in ribbon than fabric.


3.  First I layered what I had until it looked right.  But I'm lazy so I didn't pin.


4.  Then I started hot-glueing each layer on, which also differs from Amy's tutorial, since she sewed each layer of ruffles. Lazy me again.

This is a picture of all the layers glued on, but not trimmed.

5.  I then flipped the egg over to the back and sewed an edge around the now embellished egg.  Then I trimmed anything past that edge.


6.  Then I glued two jewelry pins onto the back, since I love the dress we're using for the party and I didn't want it to be just for Easter after this!


Finito!


This project was done with both kids awake and running around, asking for stuff, and it still only took me about 30 minutes.  Let us know if you make one!

Dot and Glitta

Linking here:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:

3 comments:

Ali Richardson said...

SO adorable!!! I love it :)

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Wow! Those eggs are fantastic. thanks for posting.
~Kimberlee, www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

Love the ruffles on the eggs. {and that the pinning makes it less permanent}

Thanks for sharing at Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week, your snobbiness...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...